Saturday, September 4, 2010

Nowhere to Hide


I am empty inside, there is nowhere to hide.
My happiness has left with every tear that I’ve cried.
I have given it my all and it still wasn’t enough.
This life wasn’t meant for me to find love.
Tired of hearing promises that never will be.
I guess I just need to let you be free.
Words are a dagger that tears apart my soul.
I don’t think I will ever be whole.
For I’ve left my heart with you, it is yours for the keeping.
I can’t handle the emotions it’s weeping.
I will keep going, moving along through the days.
But I can’t find peace no matter how hard I pray.
I will walk through this world with no one by my side.
No one to heal this hole I have inside.
For there is only one who can heal this wound inside me.
And you say that would make you unhappy.
So I will stay this was until I die.
I am empty inside there is nowhere to hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment